Northstar Calibration, Inc. is a growing ISO 17025 accredited calibration laboratory. We are looking for individuals that can grow with our organization.
We are currently hiring a full-time position to take charge of our Shipping/Receiving activities in support of customer service.
Work hours are 7:30-4:00pm, Monday-Friday. Hours could vary based on customer requirements.
This is a clean office-type work environment, involves handling gages and measuring equipment, packaging small packages, entering orders into the computer, making deliveries, and interacting with customers.
The position involves cross-training with the Office Manager position to provide back-up coverage, and eventually could lead to promotion into the Office Manager position. The position can also lead to cross-training into a Calibration Technician position.
1. Perform shipping and receiving duties, including packaging measuring equipment, UPS shipping, typing work orders, creating invoices, on-line transactions, sending documentation, & computer data entry.
2. Inspect documents & items to verify correctness.
3. Coordinate subcontracted & purchased items with suppliers.
4. Make phone calls & send emails to customers to coordinate orders or provide status.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
2. Good phone, computer, time management, multi-tasking, & organizing skills. Must have average to good typing skills, and a basic proficiency with Word, Excel, and emailing. Prior hands-on experience with computer data entry is helpful. QuickBooks experience would be preferred.
3. Good interactions and communication skills, including written and verbal abilities.
4. Technical knowledge in manufacturing, inspections, gaging, or calibration is beneficial. A good mechanical aptitude is preferred. A financial accounting training is desirable for promotion into the Office Manager position.
5. Ability to lift 50 lb packages, and to package gaging and equipment is required. A clean driving record to drive our van to make local deliveries is also required.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Moorhouse, President
Northstar Calibration, Inc.
1045 NW 26th Place
Owatonna, MN 55060
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers