compensation: From $20/hour, dependent on skills and experience employment type: part-time job title: Office Coordinator non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Position: Office Coordinator, Mankato Centenary United Methodist Church
Location: 501 2nd Street, Mankato, Minnesota 56001
Core Hours: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., M-F, up to 40 hours/week with flexibility upon agreement
Purpose of Position:
The Office Manager is responsible for the administrative support of Mankato Centenary United Methodist Church. As the first point of contact for guests and partners, they play a key role in the life of the church. Duties include coordination of partner and congregation program needs, managing church information & reporting, and working with the building, pastoral and ministry teams to ensure smooth operations for the congregation. This position is part of our team and reports to the Pastor, with support of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
* Be a welcoming first impression and a first point of contact for: greeting and monitoring those entering and exiting the building. Respond to phone calls, emails and physical mail appropriately
* Collaborate with ministry teams for ministry-related materials to be created from idea or scratch, printed and posted
* Coordinate the calendar reservation process and schedule with ministry teams and partners
* Ensure Google Calendar and website are current, in collaboration with ministry teams
* Order and organize supplies for the church and ministry teams within budget
* Work with pastor and ministry teams on special event coordination (theatre performances, weddings, funerals)
* Provide office support for ministry teams, as needed
* Assist in onboarding new people or organizations to the church
Church Database Reporting and Communication
* Manage the church database and input forms as well as email subscriptions
* Generate reports, statistics, charts, graphs, labels, etc. and other special projects for ministry teams, church leaders (annual report, directories, etc.)
* Facilitate special mailings
Congregational Care Support
* Serve as a point person with Visitation Lead Volunteer
* Coordinate ministries and communications with the church community during significant life events
Qualifications and Skills
* Compatibility with Mankato Centenary United Methodist Church's Mission, Vision, Values and Identity as an inclusive environment that advocates for all persons with extravagant welcome
* Experience coordinating and administering an office environment
* Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a variety of teams and priorities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated organization and project management skills
* MS Office and Google tools required; Canva and Realm or compatible software preferred
Please provide a current resume and two references. Email only.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities.